It is Hikaru Utada’s 23rd anniversary of debut. On this memorial day, we are very excited to finally share details of the 8th studio album, BAD MODE!
The album will be released digitally on 19 January 2022 and will also be available on CD 23 February 2022. The album will feature many hit songs such as “Kimini Muchuu” (main theme for TBS Friday night drama Saiai), as well as “One Last Kiss”: theme song for EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 THRICE UPON A TIME, “Find Love” featured in SHISEIDO’s new global campaign “POWER IS YOU”, “Face My Fears” (opening theme for action role-playing game KINGDOM HEARTS Ⅲ), “Time” (main theme for NTV Sunday drama Bishoku Tantei Akechi Goro), “PINK BLOOD” (main theme for anime series To Your Eternity) and “Darenimo Iwanai” (SUNTORY Tennensui CM song). Of course, it also has brand new songs including the title track “BAD MODE” and, on top of that, there will be some remixes as bonus tracks.
The Single-Run Limited Edition CD will be bundled with DVD and Blu-ray that contain “Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios” concert and behind-the-scenes documentary of the show, along with music videos of “Time,” “One Last Kiss,” “PINK BLOOD,” “Kimini Muchuu,” and “BAD MODE.” This is sure to be a must-have item for the fans! Stay tuned!
Pre-Order the CD here: https://erj.lnk.to/0UsH19
Online Concert “Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios” To Be Streamed on January 19 at 8pm (JST)
Viewing Tickets Now on Sale!
The wait is almost over. Here’s the update fans have all been waiting for. The online concert titled “Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios” will be streamed on the artist’s birthday, 19 January 2022.
The studio concert was recorded at Air Studios, the legendary recording studio in London, with the concept of performing the songs for the first time from Hikaru Utada’s brand-new album “BAD MODE”, releasing on January 19. Performing the majority of songs from an album on the very day of its release will be a first for Hikaru Utada.
For this performance, Utada gathered a group of renowned musicians led by bassist Jodi Milliner, the band master for their tour in 2018. The session is recorded and mixed by sound engineer Steve Fitzmaurice, who also worked on the new album. Video was directed by David Barnard, whose filmography includes Radiohead’s “In Rainbows – From Basement” and Eric Clapton’s “LOCKDOWN SESSIONS”. The idea is that the online show allows you to immerse yourself in the ultimate performance with the best sound and video in the most comfortable space of your choice.
It’s a rare opportunity for fans everywhere and the artist themselves to share and celebrate the release of the first new album in 3 years and 7 months, so don’t miss it!
“Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios” Official Website
- Title: Hikaru Utada Live Sessions from Air Studios
- Date: 19 January 2022
- Time: Open 7:00pm (JST) / Start 8:00pm (JST) Ends 9:00pm (JST) [to be confirmed]
- Archive Streaming: Available through 23 January 2022 11:59pm (JST)
- Price: Viewing Ticket (includes Digital Invitation Card): 2,800JPY (incl. tax)
- Ticket Sales: From 9 December 2021, 12:00pm (JST) to 23 January 2022 10pm (JST) *All Platforms
- Streaming Platform (Outside Japan):
- Stagecrowd: https://intl.stagecrowd.live/hikaruutada_0119/
- bilibili: https://space.bilibili.com/628533885
- Ticket Info: https://link.bilibili.com/p/help/index#/contact
*Available in: Mainland China (in cooperation with bilibili), United States, United Kingdom, Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, Macau, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Mexico, Brazil
- Presented by U3MUSIC / Sony Music Labels EPIC Records Japan
- Sponsored by Shiseido Company, Limited (SHISEIDO GINZA TOKYO) / KINGDOM HEARTS / Suntory / Sony Group Corporation Filming Equipment Provided by Sony Group Corporation
“Kimini Muchuu” Music Video
The lead single “Kimini Muchuu” has ranked in the number of charts in numerous countries and regions since its release, and the music video of the song is out today too! It is created by the same director as the online concert, David Barnard, with footages from the performance, which also makes it an excellent teaser trailer of the show! It’s now available on YouTube too!
- Album Title: BAD MODE
- Release Date:
- Wednesday January 19, 2022 (Digital)
- Wednesday February 23, 2022 (CD)
- The Single-Run Limited Edition Price: CD+DVD+BD 6,800JPY (incl. tax)
- Standard CD Price: 3,300JPY (incl. tax)
- Purchase Benefits: Original Postcard
- CD Pre-Order: https://erj.lnk.to/0UsH19
- Title: “Kimini Muchuu”
- Release Date: Friday November 26, 2021
- Website: https://HikaruUtada.lnk.to/kiminimuchuuJP
What are you waiting for? If you are a fan of Hikaru Utada, do support her work on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music or YouTube! Check her out on her official website, Instagram and Twitter for more information and updates in the future.