Developer: Game Freak
Platform: Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android (soon)
Release Date: May 29 2018
Genre: free-to-play adventure game
Tested on Nintendo Switch (e-Store)
Welcome to Tumblecube Island, where Pokémon have turned into cubes?
Set off for adventure in the Pokémon Quest game. Venture out with your Pokémon buddies on expeditions across Tumblecube Island in search of loot in this free-to-start action-adventure for the Nintendo Switch system. Modify your Pokémon buddies with discovered Power Stones to make your ultimate expedition team.
Our thoughts on Pokémon Quest
1. Fun to play, easy to get addicted.
2. Can be consumed in bite sized portions.
3. Pixelated Pokemon are simply adorable!
4. Energy system (5 if not upgraded) is not enough. Players will have to pay or wait to replenish energy.
5. In-game power stone slots system makes management fun.
Trivia about Pokémon Quest
1. Unlike most Pokemon games, the Pokeball system doesn’t exist in this game.
2. Only Kanto Region Pokémon are available in the game so far. Maybe they’ll add more in the future?
3. The game’s colour pallet (Pallet Town – get it?) is unreliable. Machop and Venonat are apparently blue in this game.
4. The game used to be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, but it is also available on mobile now!
Verdict: Play it!
Pokemon Quest is a fun to play and highly addictive game. Following the mobile game format, you will find the game is easy and convenient to play as it delivers bite-sized portions in each game sessions. This is a good game to fill up your Pokemon void while waiting for Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee to release in November or the new unknown Pokemon core title that is due in 2019.