With the recent 2.4 update in Genshin Impact, the developers have introduced yet another place to explore in the world of Teyvat! Enkanomiya is a mysterious underground area that is hidden in Watatsumi Island, Inazuma. Travelers will have to carry out certain quests before being able to explore the area.
That being said, with each new area comes new mechanics and enemies, and it is no different this time. Let’s see what you can expect from Enkanomiya.
Bathysmal Vishaps are creatures that appear around Enkanomiya, namely near oasis/water areas. They can use elements such as Electro, Hydro and Cryo. When you get hit by its elemental attacks, your characters will lose a certain amount of energy. If no energy can be lost, you will start to lose HP.
Some travelers may have met these beings before in the spiral abyss. Well, you can now face them again in Enkanomiya! The Abyss Herald: Wicked Torrents and Abyss Lector: Violet Lightning can be found near the Royal Tombs, while the Abyss Lector: Fathomless Flames can only be encountered through the quest.
Of course, not forgetting one of the most annoying enemies to date — Specters. Genshin Impact has added three new elements to the Specter variation, namely Cryo, Electro and Pyro. Be sure to use the correct element when facing them or else your attacks will be worthless!
Through the recent updates, Genshin Impact has introduced various puzzles and new mechanics to the game. After the main Enkanomiya quest, look out for mechanisms similar to the Danichi Mikoshi around the area to switch between Evernight and Whitenight.
The Dainichi Mikoshi mode is crucial to you successfully solving a puzzle. For example, some gates have to be activated using the Daises of Day and Night mechanism, however, you can only activate it during Evernight.
Similar to oculi or sigils seen in Mondstat, Liyue and Inazuma, Enkanomiya has its own sigil for travelers to collect as well. They are known as Key Sigils, and can be used to obtain chest but placing them into their respective slots around Enkanomiya.
To make your exploration more systematic, make sure you label/mark down the ones you have collected before with the in-game pin feature. Besides, look out for Sunfire Phantasms located on rocks and walls as some sigils are hidden behind them.
Here are some fun facts and tips for you to use or experiment with during your Enkanomiya exploration!
- You can touch the Floating Rays directly by flying into them to regenerate some energy particles.
- There are no Statues of the Seven in Enkanomiya, so it’s recommended for you to bring a healer.
- Alternatively, if you do not want to bring a healer, you can use Prototype Amber on a catalyst character of your choice to get some healing from the weapon passive whenever you use the chosen catalyst character’s elemental burst (Q).
- Also, let’s not forget the existence of food in Genshin Impact, so you can stock up on the food of your choice, equip you food bag and use it whenever needed.
- Sometimes, you might not be able to find the mechanism that connects to the Dainichi Mikoshi nearby when solving a puzzle or doing a quest. Here are some spots that are close to teleport waypoints which you can visit to change the mode of the Dainichi Mikoshi.
- Due to Enkanomiya’s new variety of enemies, we suggest for you to have as many elements as possible in your team if you want to spend less time switching between different characters. Some exploration team composition may work better than others.
- Quickswap teams are good as you can worry less about energy drain from the Bathysmal Vishaps. Eg. National team (Xiangling, Xingqiu, Kazuha/Raiden/Chongyun/, Bennett);
- Characters with low elemental burst cost (Diluc, Ningguang) or who use burst often (Ayaka) can be considered as well;
- Characters that use their elemental skill (E) often or mainly deal physical damage are also a great choice;
- Shield saves lives as usual, although it might not be able to prevent your energy to be drained by the Bathysmal Vishaps, it can still protect you from taking further damage when charging up your elemental burst (Q).
Have you started your journey in Enkanomiya? Are you enjoying it so far? Let us know in the comments!