In conjunction with the 20th anniversary of the Digimon franchise, a new movie featuring the original 8 DigiDestined in their 20s will be released as celebration. It was announced at the “Digimon Kanshasai 2018 – Special Meeting in Odaiba-” at Tokyo that the anime film project would be titled “Gekijou-ban Digimon Adventure (Digimon Adventure The Movie)”.
Toei Animation’s original producer for the Digimon anime projects, Seki Hiromi will be returning as the supervisor for the film. Character designer Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru and Digimon character designer Watanabe Kenji will also be returning to their respective roles in this project.
On top of the revelation of the character designs in the V Jump magazine, we also got some new details regarding what the characters may be doing as they head to adulthood along with their definitive ages. The translations from the magazine sourced from a forum called “With The Will” are as follows:
- Jou: Did he manage to pass his entrance exams…!? A 23-year-old whose choice of career path is of great interest.
- Mimi: A charming 21-year-old dressed in fashionable clothing!
- Koushiro: A 21-year-old who looks great in a suit!? Could he be working at a job already?
- Yamato: Yamato with his ever calm and collected expression. He seems to have a gentle air to him too!?
- Taichi: He still sports his signature hairstyle. His expression accurately reflects his carefree personality!
- Sora: 22 years old. Did she decide to devote herself to the art of Ikebana!? Her kimono suits her perfectly!
- Takeru: 19 years old and all grown up, he’s grown even taller than his older brother Yamato!?
- Hikari: While her innocent personality still remains, she seems to have her act together more than her brother Taichi does!
Below is another two pages of the magazine featuring Yamato and Taichi with their respective Digimon partners.